Recording action on remote Virtual Machine

I'm building e Robot that have to to interact with a virtual machine based on Vmware Horizon Infrastructure.
In the Admin Interface I have granted the access to any process with starts with vmware- and I successfully from Kryon Developer Studio i recored correctly all the steps that open the vmware Horizon client and connect to remote virtual machine.
I also successfully recorded from the Kryon Developer Studio some steps in the virtual machine but when I try to reproduce them, Kryon Studio does not successfully recognize the object ad open a popup with the message “unable to find the object with caption MKSWindow#0”. It seems that Kryon Studio does not recognise the focus on the remote virtual machine or the object className and/or. I also noticed that all the objects recorded, in the different steps are all referred with

ClassName = MKSEmbedded
Caption = MKSWindow#0

Any Idea? is possibile to interact with a virtual machine?
thanks, Regards

Luca

Comments

• NitzanNitzan Administrator, Moderator, Kryon Staff
    Hi Luca,

First of all, the answer is yes, it is possible to interact with a virtual machine.
    To make sure you can run the wizard successfully, I recommend a few things:
    1. Check that the resolution and DPI of the recording are similar to those of the virtual machine.
    2. Check whether the caption in the window data is marked "equals" and if so, change it to "contains".
    3. Check what happens if you try to run the wizard on your laptop- does it work?
    4. You can add a core action to detect an object- to let the window load.

If all of that doesn't work, you can upload the wizard in here, and I'll try to test it to see what the issue is.

Hope it helps!